- Lead software development in next-generation product as a key technical contributor of software architecture and design activities
- Lead, implement, and guide a consistent architecture vision by establishing best practices, design patterns, and by utilizing novel software technologies
- Responsible for thoroughly understanding system performance requirements, develop architectures and solutions, and provide rationale and performance demonstrations
- Contribute to planning and leadership in software engineering activities including requirements capture, design reviews, and implementation
- Author software requirements documents, design specifications, and software test protocols, to effectively describe software architecture, and software components as per SOPs
- Defining scope of work and manage external partners in delivery of software components
- Responsible for solving advanced technical problems
- Engage with cross-functional teams and quality teams to communicate architectural decisions and rationale
- You should have demonstrated experience in driver and embedded software development for application in medical device, robotics, or instrumentation.
- Ideal candidates will include those who have designed and implemented real-time software for a medical robotics technology platform, communication interfaces and imaging.
- You have experience in partitioning and decomposing complex problems into solutions.
- BS or MS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical area required
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing complex software for medical devices, required
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and interface design, including software as a part of high-reliability, high-availability HW/SW medical device systems required
- Strong skills in C, C++, Object-Oriented Design and Analysis required, with the use of UML preferred
- Strong skills in multi-threaded, soft or hard real-time software development preferred
- Strong experience with RTOS, such as QNX, WindRiver, or Linux preferred
- Experience with implementing communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, CAN, USB
- Experience working in an Agile development with continuous integration solutions, such as Atlassian suite, CI/CD, Jenkins, and Git preferred
- Proven experience in leading teams in complex projects with internal and external resources preferred
- Strong communication and leadership skills preferred
- Ability to travel up to 20% required
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.