We have a fantastic opportunity to join us a Siemens Mobility Rail- Infrastructure as a Lead planning manager. This role is a full-time permanent position. This role can be based from Chippenham, London or Derby.
Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway Infrastructure and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
About your role
As Lead Planning Manager you will lead the planning function for your delivery region; you will ensure that your planning team have the correct skills, processes and adherence to governance to support the successful delivery of the works portfolio. As a key member of regional delivery management team you will ensure that all procedures and tools are deployed consistently to ensure planning and reporting requirements are met at both project and portfolio level.
You will be a key member of the wider planning and controls community and actively participate in continuous improvement and best practice initiatives. You will be responsible for the quality of planning and will support the wider business planning requirements of the organisation through proper resourcing of plans. You will ensure a high level of knowledge and skill within the team by ensuring robust training and development plans are in place, and through the coaching and mentoring of more junior planners.
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead the planning function within the regional delivery area, taking responsibility for all project planning and associated controls within the delivery portfolio.
- Line manage the planning team, developing both the team and the individual’s skills and capabilities in order to provide the best possible planning service to the delivery teams.
- Be responsible for identifying and recruiting planning resources to support the delivery of the regional portfolio
- Ensure that all project plans are developed and maintained in accordance with Siemens Rail Automation UK project management, planning and PM@Siemens procedures and processes.
- Be the planning and controls subject matter expert and ensure consistent application of standards and procedures, including templates and guidance and support across the team
- Work closely with the project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
- Ensure that the periodic portfolio reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of KPI, EV, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.
- Support and participate in the wider planning community through attendance of the Planning & Controls forum and through the ownership and active participation in continuous improvement activities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree/HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience.
- Experience of leading a planning team to deliver major infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry.
- Experience of working with senior management both internally and in the client organisation.
- Technical planning expert to advanced Primavera level with knowledge and use of other planning tool such as MS Project
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an assertive style of behaviour.
- Practiced analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical/Engineering/Business background ideally with knowledge of railway signalling.
- Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, e.g. Prince 2.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time