We have a exciting opportunity to join us at Siemens mobility – Rail Infrastructure as a Senior planner. The role is based at our Chippenham site and is a permanent full time position.
Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway Infrastructure and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
About your role
As a senior member of the planning function you will lead the project planning and control function on either a major project or be responsible for a number of smaller projects. You will be a key member of the project delivery team and support senior project and programme managers in the successful planning and control of project delivery.
You will also be expected to support the overall business planning requirements of the organisation through the proper resourcing of plans under your control. As a Senior Planner you will utilise your experience and expertise to support improvement activities and ensure best practice is identified and implemented.
You will also help mentor and coach more junior planners within the planning team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Provide planning and controls leadership for the projects under your control
- Be the technical planning expert ensuring consistent application of standards and procedures, including templates and guidance and support to your programme/project team
- Develop and maintain plans in accordance with Rail Infrastructure UK project management, planning and PM@Siemens procedures and processes.
- Work closely with project, commercial and finance managers and members of the wider project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- Work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between these different activities and the main project schedule.
- Work closely with the central Bids & Tendering team to ensure tender plans are developed through the mobilisation process into contract plans
- Build and maintain close working relationships with client representatives and work collaboratively to find the most efficient and effective planning and controls solutions.
- Perform critical path analysis and advise of possible actions and areas of concern.
- Ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of KPI, EV, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Perform analysis and scenario modelling for any potential project change and be able to provide risks, issues, cost, resource and delay analysis.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree/HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience.
- Experience of planning major infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry.
- Experience of working with senior management both internally and in the client organisation.
- Technical planning expert to advanced Primavera level with knowledge and use of other planning tool such as MS Project
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an assertive style of behaviour.
- Practiced analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical/Engineering/Business background ideally with knowledge of railway signalling.
- Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, e.g. Prince 2.
- Experience of leading a planning team to deliver major infrastructure projects preferably in the rail industry.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time