We have a great opportunity to join us at Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure as a Assistant planner. This is a full-time permanent role based at our Chippenham site.
About your role
As an assistant planner you will be a key member of the project delivery team and within this you will support the planning function in the successful planning and control of project delivery. You will also be a member of the wider planning community and help implement improvement activities.
What are my responsibilities?
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project plans in accordance with Siemens Rail Automation UK project management, planning and PM@Siemens procedures and processes.
- Working within the project team and with the different functions i.e. project management, commercial and engineering etc. You will help to ensure project schedules are accurately developed, maintained, resource and cost loaded.
- You will be expected to work closely with site and possession planners to ensure cohesion between site works and the main project schedule.
- Assist in project planning analysis, using methods such as milestone slippage and critical path analysis to highlight possible issues and areas of concern in a timely manner.
- Help ensure that the periodic project reporting requirements are met for both internal and client through the provision of key project metrics such as key performance indicators, earned value, schedule delay and critical path analysis reports as required.
- Assist with the analysis off any potential project change by supporting the provision of project information on risk, issues, cost, resources and delay analysis.
- Promote and improve planning and controls within the organisation.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A ‘Level, ONC/HNC level qualifications or similar.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format
- Computer literate with well-developed skills in MS Office applications
- Knowledge, training or experience in engineering, ICT or business studies
- Appreciation of the Railway Industry
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous planning experience would be desirable.
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- General knowledge of planning tools such as Primavera or MS Project
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time