The Team Leader drives safe and timely completion of production orders and continuous improvement by supervising output, quality and processes as a shop floor leader within the Shop Floor Management (SFM) framework.Responsibilities
Our Team Leaders support Production Supervisors with the day-to-day functions including safely implementing the production plan to meet quality standards and delivery times, acting as main contact for problem solving and continuous improvement activities to be implemented on the shop floor and in training and mentoring of associates as needed. Also responsible for:
- Ensuring safe work area and appropriate equipment for all test areas.
- Provide leadership and technical support to team members.
- Evaluation and support of Factory Acceptance Test Plans for safe testing of products
- Supervising work hours and work assignments to maintain schedules and test dates
- SAP transactions for leading and closing of production work orders.
- Continual monitoring and auditing of standardized work processes and detailing deviations for issue resolution or escalation.
- Presenting with Engineering team and other departments to solve problems in a standardized way.
- Providing leadership and motivation to team members to generate ideas and implement solutions.
- Assist Production Supervisor in identifying training needs and perform training and mentoring for associates.
- Assist Production Supervisor to ensure all procedures and processes are followed when testing products.
- Identifying and eliminating waste using LEAN methods.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, advised or assigned.
- Associates Degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or equivalent
- Ability to technically lead in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours
- Digital literacy required including Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn additional software packages as required
- Minimum of (5) five years of test experience
- Previous experience as a EET level 3 or equivalent experience
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- SPS/Lean Project experience
- SAP, Team Center and Siemens Test Software experience
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.