Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Provide product expertise in Building Technologies Disciplines: Automation, Security or Fire products and 3rd party systems to Zone staff. Creates and delivers training and applications support for Field Technicians and Specialists. Provides on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues. Provides advanced technical assistance for Sales activities
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Zone Engineering team to help implement strategies for cross disciplines (automation, fire and security) specifically in I2S and IBMS.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems on jobs and provides appropriate reports to management.
- Troubleshoots network, software, and/or hosted system malfunctions.
- Leverage remote connectivity to improve rapid problem solving with technicians and customers.
- Works with other Zone Technology Experts to develop and share technical solutions.
- Creates training content.
- Work with Zone engineering team to implement strategies to reduce installation costs.
- Stays current with BT product documentation and communicates updates to field technicians and specialists
- Maintains technical expertise on all products, tools, and gateways through continuing education initiatives.
- Coaches Field Technicians on company systems and service offerings.
- Provides technical sales assistance and support on latest company products.
- Performs product demonstrations and communicates design strategies to Sales Executives.
- Leads meetings in order to ensure best practice sharing and team work.
- Participates in advisory teams for new product releases, project slates, and technical training development.
- Provides Manager a monthly report of all activities performed (Sales support, Technical and Application support, training, mentoring, etc…). Suggests ways to continuously improve reports and meeting content.
- Supports all BT personnel, in the offices in the assigned Zone
Preferred Education & Experience:
- High School diploma required; BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ yrs engineering/systems experience.
- Certifications required by Fire code.
- Microsoft/Cisco/technical certifications preferred or required based on discipline.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of complex assignments.
- Successfully applies knowledge of complex concepts, practices, and procedures in particular specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for conducting company product training courses for Zone technical and sales staff.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to mentor less experienced ZTS’s and to lead complex issues to resolution with minimal oversight.
- Must be 21 years of age to participate in required vehicle plan and must possess a valid driver’s license.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.