Will you Transform the Everyday with Siemens?
We are a collection of over 303,000 minds creating a better tomorrow, one day at a time. We believe that technology provides the solutions for the greatest challenges of our time. Technology is made by people –it's up to us to lead the change and create impact. This is how we give innovation a meaning. This is technology with purpose.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for as EHS Manager to join the Quality & EHS team at Siemens’ award-winning site in Congleton UK, part of the Motion Control (MC) division.
The EHS Manager is Responsible for all EHS activities related to the Congleton site. Reporting to the head of Quality with dotted line reporting to the EHS management within our UK and German headquarters.
This role will be based at our Congleton Site
What part will you play?
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external Environmental, Energy, Health and Safety legislation and other requirements
- Reduce Environmental impact, increase energy efficiency and run Health and Safety Analysis risk to enable business to meet above requirements, by maintaining a Zero Harm culture
- Ensure continued compliance with the requirements of ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ISO 45001.
- Represent EHS status of the business through monthly meetings, management reviews, and bringing up any issues requiring more urgent action.
- Improvement projects - Drive and/or support improvement projects in the fields of Environment, Health & Safety (e.g., Pollution Prevention; Carbon / Energy Reduction; Risk Management etc.)
- Champion the site strategies, including Local Strategy by continuously improving all areas of H&S, Environment, Biodiversity, Energy, Corporate Citizenship, Wellbeing, and Business Continuity.
- Investigate incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses, and drive root cause corrective actions.
- Liaise with Siemens UK Health & Safety Advisory Group (HSAG).
- Fulfil the competent person role.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- NEBOSH/ IOSH qualification to diploma level.
- Lead auditor in one or more of the EHS Standards
- Experience of Integrated Management Systems comprising Quality, Health & Safety, Energy and Environment.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here.
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time