Siemens Digital Industries Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Summer 2023 Strategic Student Program. Our co-op positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research & design innovation. More information on our specific roles is included in this document.
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree
- Able to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) in Summer 2023
- Able to work in a hybrid setting in Fremont, CA without relocation assistance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program.
Mask Process Correction Product Engineering Intern
As an intern in Product Engineering, you will dive into testing and developing solutions related to Caibre MPC software. You will have the opportunity to learn and evaluate genetic algorithm solution called CalEvo to optimize MPC recipe as well as design and implement a utility (preferably a GUI based) using Python script to extract top 10 models from MPC job log for analysis. You will also create, document, and present progress of your work to MPC team on a regular basis. While you will work with general supervision on these projects and have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers, it will also be important to act with independent judgment when necessary.
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in a related field
- Familiar using Linux environment
- Familiar with Linux shell scripting along with Python or high-level programming language
- UNIX and LINUX operation systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration
The hourly range for this position is $26.00 - $52.00 per hour. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave and paid volunteer time off.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.