Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Summer & Fall 2023 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as a master’s student or PhD student (PhD preferred)
- Able to work FULL-TIME (40 hrs/wk) in summer and fall 2023
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Able to work in a hybrid setting in Fremont, CA
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program.
Product Engineering Intern
As an intern in Product Engineering Development, you will be helping our team develop leading edge computational lithography solutions. The characteristic dimensions of features forming the transistors and the interconnecting wires of modern ICs (e.g., a diameter of an interconnect wire or a minimal spacing between such wires) are in low tens of nanometers, or even smaller. To enable each successive technology node, the industry requires sub-atomic model accuracy and computational efficient algorithms to prepare the mask data in order to foster optimal yield in the semiconductor fab.
You will have the opportunity to work inside the product development team to design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for our Calibre RET products. You will be paired with a mentor to work on projects such as EUV lithography models, curvilinear mask solutions, Source-Mask Optimization or Optical Proximity Correction.
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Python, Perl, TCL, MATLAB, Julia, or other scripting desirable
- Experience with lithography simulation beneficial
- Linux experience is beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration
The hourly range for this position is $26.00 - $52.00 per hour. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave and paid volunteer time off.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.