We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do
The Medium Voltage (MV) Business Unit of Siemens Energy is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for out Air Insulated Switchgear Business Segment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work with guidance from a mentor or Sr. Engineer to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of Medium Voltage switchgears. Typical documents include:
o Panel arrangement
o Electrical schematics
o Three line drawings
o Wiring diagrams
o Nameplate schedule
• Develop knowledge of Engineering Base CAD software to complete drawings.
• Visually compare design of component, or other equipment with drawing of parts, matching coordinating points for accuracy of fit.
• Work with the factory manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues.
• Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job.
• Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
• Intermediete English.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Proven experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
Considered a plus but not required:
• 1+ years of Electrical design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms.
• Electrical design/drafting experience with Engineering Base (Microsoft Visio) and/or AutoCAD Electrical
• A Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
• Experience creating and working with CAD smart blocks
• Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear
• Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage power distribution products.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.