Siemens Industry is looking for a Bid Coordinator to support the sales team for the Portland, OR area. The successful candidate will review requests from customers, sales engineers, and other bid coordinators. They will also work with the business unit. This person reports to the Sales Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Distribute Bid List – Generate the bid list from Sales Force and send it to team as well as distribution partners.
• Manage Sales Force – Drive team to use the Sales Force and keep their opportunities updated. Keep all other information within Sales Force up to date.
• Bid Meetings – Schedule bid meetings per the manager’s instructions. Facilitate the meeting by reviewing the open Sales Force opportunities.
• Strive to bid over $4M in quotes in a given month in the first year.
• Bid Coordinator is responsible for getting Buyout Quotes from MAP group.
• Monitor and track relevant bid opportunities
• Review and summarize bid request documents (RFPs, RFQs etc.) to share pertinent information with the wider team
• Coordinate schedules and approvals for actions supporting bid opportunities
• Use problem solving skills to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in order to ensure timely completion of proposals.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- Proposal creation/bid coordinator or estimating experience preferred.
- Knowledge of low/medium voltage products.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to learn on the fly.
- Superior skills in attention to detail and managing priorities within strict timelines.
- Strong relationship management skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence.
- Ability to work independently as all as in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance, 9 paid holidays and flexible vacation
• Paid parental leave
• Educational assistance
• 9 active employee resource group that provide smaller communities to support our employee needs
• You’ll solve the world’s most significant problems – be part of exciting and innovative projects
• Opportunity to contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.