Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Scope of the Position:
The Regional Sales Professional for Grid Control will establish the sales initiatives to grow the EMS/ADMS/MGMS/Market business with new client acquisitions and existing client wallet expansion for smart grid operational solutions sold to utilities, large industrial and public sector clients as specified in their Territory Agreement. This role is responsible for delivering on a quarterly basis bookings number across the software portfolio contained within Grid Control business units including Energy Management System, Advanced Distribution Management System, Microgrid Management System, and Energy Market operators or participants to create best-in-class solutions.It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Understand specific customer needs and guide towards a solution that best supports their unique objectives.
- Prepare and execute the account plans under your territory in the US (West Coast).
- Meet or exceed orders booked and gross margin targets for the GC business segment in the territory regarding the Grid Control portfolio: SCADA, EMS, ADMS, Microgrid Management System, Network Model Management, and Energy Market Management.
- Organize virtual teams across multiple Grid Control product lines to respond to customer requests for complex system solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate with front-end sales and the technical sales team to open sales channels, increase sales and break into underpenetrated accounts.
- Work with proposal managers and the extended proposal team to develop customer-specific proposals and lead the risk review process.
- Develop and execute the close plan for bookings in the territory and present the sales pipeline and forecast to the executive management on a weekly basis.
- Contribute to marketing activities, including the development of marketing material for customer presentations and participation in key trade show activities in your area.
- Drive strategy and market penetration efforts for new and innovative solutions based on the regional customer’s specific needs.
- 5+ years of sales or business development experience with Energy Utilities, or OT/IT industry.
- Deep knowledge in operation and market of electrical grids.
- Deep knowledge of software and professional service sales, mainly with EMS, ADMS, MMS, MGMS, and DERMS.
- Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota across multiple product/service lines.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills and a high sense of accountability.
- Ability to strategize and demonstrate creative problem solving to overcome customer challenges.
- Persuasive presentation and effective communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Experience with international and cross-border projects.
We've got a lot to offer:
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications).
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options.
- Matching 401(k).
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off.
- Paid parental leave.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.