Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail infrastructure, turnkey solutions, software applications and maintenance and digital services.
What are my job responsibilities?
- Coordinates implementation of superior business strategies, guidelines and principles, in Singapore and Asia Pacific region.
- Designs and coordinates strategic plans, programs and measures on business or regional level, and aligns with related strategies and plans, in support of Head of Strategy and related executive teams
- Acts a trusted advisor for Top Management, in all strategic aspects, in order to identify and follow up on future business opportunities.
- Ensures continuous analyses and design of strategic positioning of the business overall, and advises on long term development of the product, service or solutions portfolio.
- Ensures development of business plans and ensures effective controlling of the target setting processes, BTAs, and quarterly reviews.
- Steers and coordinates preparation and implementation of strategic planning, investment strategies, global market research (incl. execution of strategic benchmarking), etc.
- Initiates strategic initiatives of external growth, steers or coordinates respective M&A projects, in defined businesses, markets or regions.
- Initiates and manages Strategy consulting projects, and the development and implementation of strategic business management and analysis tools.
- Decides on cooperation with external service providers, and monitors progress, budget adherence and results generated.
- Collaborates with a team of Strategy Professionals in ASP.
- Support management by driving regional and local focus projects with cross-functional teams
- Evaluate, develop, and support in the delivery of Strategic Alliances with selected partner companies
- Identify portfolio & technology gaps and explore opportunities for innovation fields and exogenous growth
- Support close cooperation with Siemens internal stakeholders, e.g. Business Units, M&A, Technology & Innovation, Next47, CD ST
- Engage with external stakeholders e.g. Investment Banks, Venture Capital companies, Strategy Consultants
- Support the SMO Top Management in assessing the performance of the regions with a focus on the strategies.
- Support the development and acquisition of key leads in the pre-sales phase and manage all relevant stakeholders.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- You have a degree (Master) in business administration or engineering.
- We are looking for candidates with years of professional experience in a manager function within an international company with complex structures.
- At least 5 years composed of two of the following business environments: Mobility, Strategy consulting, Operational business responsibility
- Also experience in a project management function and have business development and strategy expertise on a global level.
- Experience in the mobility or Rail & Road environment.
- Intercultural competence and excellent English skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time