Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
EHS professional (Factory) – Industrial Steam /Gas Turbine Generator servicing/repair.
A. Roles and responsibilities
- Advise and assist the Workshop Manager in implementation of EHS policy requirements as per the ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 & Factory Act/Gujarat Factory Rules.
- Conduct Safety Inspection and EHS assessment as per SIEMENS requirements.
- Ensure Permit to work system is implemented and in accordance with Siemens PTW Procedure.
- Assist Workshop Team in conducting Safety Walk And Talk (SWAT). Maintain record.
- Conduct visual inspection of Material Handling equipment as per frequency and maintain records.
- PPE compliance – ensure procurement of PPE is as per Siemens specifications, 100% usage by employees and inspection is done as per set frequency.
- Lead in preparation of Environmental Aspect Impact & HIRA register.
- Coordinate with Factory Facility Management team for carrying out the Mock drill once in Six months.
- Ensure EHS visibility through display of Posters, Banners, Signage etc.
- Visitors Safety Management / safety induction.
- Prepare EHS training plan and conduct safety Trainings as per training plan.
- Support in Legal compliance requirements w.r.t DISH, GPCB & other interested parties.
- Support in Hazardous Waste Management and related documentation as per law.
- Support in maintenance of various legal documents of DISH, GPCB & any other requirements.
- Conducting Monthly Safety Committee meetings and maintain record.
- Prepare MSDS file, MSDS training to employees and support in maintaining the records.
- Ensure participation and consultation of workers through Tools Box talks, mass meetings, campaigns, on to one interaction for shop floor employees. Maintain record.
- To Carry out monthly inspection of the workshop as per inspection checklist, prepare report and submit the same o Siemens Workshop Manager.
- Periodic review of all the above systems, records & continuous updating of the same.
- Incident Management – incident reporting, investigation and analysis as per Quentic requirements.
- 5S Implementation / Machine Safety and support in safety improvements
- Safety Kaizen to improve safety and ergonomics.
- Customer Audit Assistance.
- Preparation of documents as per Siemens Internal Safety Requirements.
- Assist Workshop Manager in propagating EHS Programs
- Contractor Safety Management – Evaluations and improvement roadmaps.
- Professional qualifications: Diploma/Advance/PG diploma in industrial safety or B-Tech/ M-Tech in Safety. NEBOSH IGC will be an added advantage.
- Basic qualifications: Degree/Diploma in any branch of Engineering or Science Graduate.
The Candidate should have worked at Factory in servicing & maintenance at least for 2 to 4 years.
- Detailed knowledge of servicing and maintenance requirements pertaining to EHS
- Adequate knowledge of EHS Procedures applicable for Factory.
- Familiar with best EHS Practices in the industry.
- Able to independently conduct EHS planning, EHS audits, EHS Training, Hazard Identification Risk Assessment, reporting and Contractor evaluation.
- Preparation of MIS and presentation to the Factory management.
E. Soft Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills. Good command over Hindi and Gujarati language.
- Ability to deal with both external and internal customers.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Collaboration and influencing.
- Good presentation & report-writing skills.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time