Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI builds environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.Position Overview
- The Fabrication worker will have the responsibility to run multiple activities related to the transformation processes of sheet metal and copper in a Switchgear and transfer switches manufacturing environment.
- You will be accountable to learn and operate different machines used within the fabrication area: Punch, press brake, paint line, plating line, powder coating, among others. Activities are supervised and assigned by Fabrication lead. Assignment of machines will be based on business necessities and candidate’s performance.
- You will review product/part specifications (drawing and/or program) to run pre-assigned process/machine.
What are the responsibilities?
- Work in a team on sophisticated tasks and get the tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Lead and understand mechanical diagrams, drawings and operate a computer to pull programs.
- Work with basic tools (drill, saw, etc).
- Detail oriented to ensure accurate fabrication work is done in a timely manner and with the quality expected by the customer.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work daily/weekend overtime as the need arises to meet production demand.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
- Able to read and write.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 10 hours.
- Ability to operate basic tools.
- High School Education or GED equivalent
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.