Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Senior Developer (f/m/d) Embedded Software to help shape the future of Siemens Healthineers with your technical expertise and your passion for the medical sector.
Choose the best place for your work – Within the scope of this position, it is possible, in consultation with your manager, to work mobile (within Germany) up to an average volume of 60% of the respective working hours.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for realizing and verifying embedded SW for control and image processing in interventional radiology systems
- You will draw up and implement requirements and concepts for new developments and enhancements to existing components
- You will be responsible for integration at subsystem and system levels, for support, error analysis and optimization of existing implementations
- You will support the test center system, manufacturing, customers and Customer Service
- You will draw up documentation to accompany development
- You will prepare and carry out manual and automatic tests
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/products-services
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a master's degree in electrical engineering, information technology or a comparable discipline
- You can offer several years of professional experience in hardware-related embedded SW development in complex systems
- You can demonstrate specific knowledge in the areas of electronics, microcontrollers, PC/Windows – in particular also Windows Kernel-Mode driver development – and C/C++
- Ideally you have experience with FPGA&VHDL design, PCIe, USB and Ethernet
- You have a good knowledge of SW source control systems and installations and update concepts
- Experience in test architecture and design as well as continuous integration is desirable
- Ideally you have already worked in a regulated environment, preferably medical
Your attributes and skills:
- You have a very good knowledge of English and a good knowledge of German, both spoken and written, enabling you to operate with confidence in our international environment
- You find it easy to work independently in a structured manner, even with complex tasks
- We win together: Working in international teams motivates you, and you can offer a high level of cooperation and communication skills
- Ideally you already have experience in an agile development environment
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 68,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time