Siemens are establishing a project delivery capability in Ireland and this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new project team. We are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to be part of this team who will be fully responsible for project acquisition and execution. As such you will have the opportunity to mould and shape the team and be responsible for driving them to success, working alongside our well-established project delivery capability in the UK.
Ireland is one of the leading locations for the pharmaceutical industry in Europe and they are the largest exporter of pharmaceuticals in the EU; Pharmaceuticals account for 50% of all exports from Ireland. Working from our offices in Dublin, the team will have a primary responsibility for delivering projects into the pharmaceutical sector, which is something Siemens have a wealth of experience doing. For these very reasons we are really excited to make our mark on this new territory and by establishing a world class delivery team we will bring value to our customers together.
From our Siemens Ltd entity in Ireland, we are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Project Manager, with an automation project background and experience of selling Automation Solutions, particularly in the Pharmaceutical sector.
The ideal candidate will have experience and working knowledge of the process and manufacturing industry, along with an understanding of PLC, SCADA, DCS, MES and Safety systems.
They shall possess a recognised Project Management qualification (APMP, Prince2, PMI) and be able to demonstrate an understanding of different Forms of Contract.
Full financial responsibility, schedule control and a good working knowledge of Claim and Risk Management techniques is essential.
The role will report to the Business Manager, Russell Crane and will also involve the promotion of Siemens capabilities for projects, systems solutions, and services, including the Siemens product range to new and existing customers.
What are my responsibilities?
• To identify and develop new business opportunities, working with our Sales Team and Account Managers to create new business.
• To serve as primary point of contact for the customer and senior management.
• To control project team and ensure project is delivered to time, cost and quality.
• To control external sub-contractors and contracts.
• To produce monthly updates on Forecast costs for all projects/contracts under your control. This will involve the use of our SAP business system. Role appropriate Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
• To produce a project plan (on MS Project / Primavera) and maintain it during the lifecycle of the project.
• To ensure customer satisfaction within the constraints of the project/contract and progress Customer Transactional Surveys.
• Monitor progress, costs, and internal / external changes to minimise delays and overspends.
• To identify variations and negotiate additions to contract, including cost neutral payment terms.
• To identify potential problems with technical and commercial compliance.
• To comply with all of Siemens Quality Management and Project Procedures as well as full compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and Policies.
• To promptly raise invoice requests associated with contracts under your control.
• To assist with prompt payment of invoices, particularly where a technical issue is the cause of non-payment.
• To assist other departments in the preparation of quotes, specifications, presentations, and general duties.
This is a demanding and challenging opportunity that requires candidates to have a good understanding of systems integration, process automation and process safety, as well as experience of commercial management.
We are looking for highly motivated and disciplined individuals who can work well on their own initiative, as well as communicate their requirements with other members of the company and have a flexible approach to travel.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Have a wealth of experience in a Project Management/Contract Management.
• Have Business Development experience.
• Be educated to Degree/HNC level or equivalent.
• Have experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Be computer literate and have experience with MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft packages (experience of SAP would also be advantageous).
• Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time