Siemens Mobility have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Project Engineer to join our Networks and Fixed Telecoms Project Engineering team within the Rail Infrastructure, CIS business based in Ashby.
We operate a hybrid working model and would be open to considering applications from candidates across the UK. However, you will be required to attend one of our core offices on a regular basis. These offices include Croydon, Chippenham, Derby, Manchester, York, Ashby-De-La-Zouch and Glasgow.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
Your role and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Lead Project Engineering Manager, the Lead Project Engineer undertakes the day to day responsibility for management and delivery of the engineering aspects of both Networks and Fixed Telecoms tenders and projects within agreed timescales and budgeted costs and is responsible for its delivery and contribution to overall business performance.
- Responsible for the delivery of project engineering activities to agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements for large multidisciplinary projects.
- Be responsible for managing the engineering risk elements of projects.
- Be responsible for managing the engineering aspects of contract requirements.
- Perform the role of engineering contact for interfaces external to the Networks and Fixed Telecoms team.
- Manage the internal interfaces for the network and telecoms discipline between design, implementation and testing teams.
- Manage engineering delivery tasks by effectively interfacing to both internal teams and external subcontractors.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage engineering team tasks including the management and allocation of resources and equipment in order to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- The implementation of excellent verbal and numeric reasoning to positively influence both internal and external customers.
- Identify and manage project scope changes. Provide technical change management support to Project Managers.
- Regularly report engineering team task progress and status.
- Be responsible for engineering assurance and governance by demonstrating compliance with standards, processes, procedures, and requirements.
- Lead the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to engineering deliverables, resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with the Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements.
- Initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing their own professional competence and mentoring engineers through the Chartered/Incorporated accreditation process.
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process.
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need for this role?
- Previous experience and knowledge of project engineering activities at all stages of a project lifecycle.
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent status – desirable.
- IRSE Telecoms Project Engineer/Engineering Manager Licence – current or working toward.
- Experience of leadership and management of project engineering delivery of development / implementation projects and bids.
- Proven success leading and motivating a team for effective design and delivery of telecommunications systems.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover.
- Proven experience of leading delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems engineering activities in the rail environment or equivalent.
- Experience of implementation and application of requirements management.
- Strong understanding and experience of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Proven experience leading estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive technical documentation.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
What else do you need to know?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will
be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1, #INSMO
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time