We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Scope of the Internship:
The Power Systems Engineer internship supports business processes, solution of technical issues, development of new methodologies, procedures, tools, and products with their theoretical and practical know how and understanding based on Power System theory and resulting Grid Control applications. As a part of our Grid Control Team, you will support interpretation and application of procedures, analyze issues, implement changes, and may advise and guide operational positions in their area of specialism.
What’s in it for you?
This internship will allow you to work with highly experienced & respected experts in the Energy industry who have developed the software, products, and services that operate within the Electrical Utility Industry. If you have an interest in making a lasting impact on improving the global environment, this internship is the place for you!
Here is the part you can play:
- Support the data modeling of customer Network Model
- Tuning and testing Transmission Network Analysis applications
- Analysis of issues and implementation of resolutions
- Develop, implement, and perform complex technical assignments related to Grid Control Applications including Transmission Network Analysis and Operator Training Simulator.
- Analyze operational tasks, in assigned functional area, on Frontend as well as on Backend.
- Perform testing and develop documentation for Grid Control Applications.
- Gather, analyze, and evaluate relevant application data
- Identify and troubleshoot specific customer needs and issues.
- Customize and implement efficient, reusable, and reliable code fix according to specifications.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Rising Junior or Senior pursing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Systems Field. Students enrolled in a graduate program with 2 years of school remaining can also apply.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week during summer and optionally during school session, including longer university holiday breaks.
- You can work from Minneapolis office or potentially remote.
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.