Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a EHS Professional.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an EHS Professional, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the Site’s Hazardous and Biological Waste programs, including:
- Coordination of RCRA Main and Satellite Area Waste pickups and inspections
- Coordination of waste shipments
- Preparing waste for shipment to meet DOT requirements.
- Bulk solvent waste pour-off (respirator use required – full facepiece with cartridge)
- Transport bulk hazardous waste totes 250+ gallons (forklift driving required)
- Preparing Controlled Substance waste for shipment to meet DEA requirement.
- Assisting with EHS Management System programs and processes.
- Coordinator of the on-site HAZWOPER (spill) team (equipment inventory & team training) (respirator use as needed - SCBA).
- Being member of on-site Medical Emergency Response Team.
- Assisting with the continuous improvement of the Site’s Safety & Health Management Culture initiatives.
- Conducting department safety walkthroughs and safety reviews of new equipment.
- Assisting with response and tracking of actions stemming from EHS Incident reports.
- Championing the Site’s Near Miss / Good Observation Program.
- EHS Training Coordinator (developing and conduced various trainings for all employees).
- Coordinate Site PPE Programs (Prescription safety glasses and shoe truck).
- Member of the EHS MS Internal Auditor or Safety & Health Management Culture Assessor Teams.
- Preparing monthly EHS Scorecard updates.
- Maintaining EHS records including SDS, chemical inventory, inspections, training.
- Maintaining department supply inventory
- Maintaining and/or overseeing department equipment inspections.
- Assisting Operations and Facilities groups with EHS related concerns.
- Assisting with sustainability initiatives (i.e., regulatory report/plan/permit assistance).
- Performing department administrative functions including: procurement activities, vendor coordination, periodic EHS document reviews and processing documentation changes.
- Performing other EHS duties as needed and advising employees regarding EHS matters.
Required Education, Skills & Experience to have for the success of this role:
- BS Degree in the Sciences and/or a degree in an EHS related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Be able to pass background check for handling DEA Controlled Substances.
- Required certifications: RCRA, DOT, HAZWOPER (24-hour minimum, 40-hour preferred).
- First Aid/CPR/AED.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience:
- Proven presentation/public speaking experience.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and recordkeeping skills.
- Approachable personality, willingness to help people, and confident to intervene/provide feedback to employees regarding safe behaviors.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven good work ethic and team player.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
We are globally recognized as an Employer of Choice, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are some of our most recent awards and recognition:
- Great Place to Work Certified 2021
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- Best for Vets Employers by Military Times
- Glassdoor Employer Rating: 4.0
Review our Benefits Summary:
Explore the Siemens Benefits QuickStart https://benefitsatshs.com/ website to learn about our competitive Benefits plans which we proudly offer to our regular full-time employees. The QuickStart website can be accessed by clicking the link above or by copying and pasting it into your web browser’s address bar and selecting “Thinking of Joining Siemens” to the left of the page.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.