Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world's energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters.
About job role:
- Work closely with Sales team by providing technical proposal & relevant cost - for overall Project & Mechanical BOP scope
- Workout feasible & optimum solution to meet customer's requirement & give cognitive inputs to use during sales pitch
- Contribute to competitiveness and profitability of Siemens projects and solutions by challenging requirements and related costs
Scope (Dimension) of job role:
- Proposal Engineering & Cost Estimation for complete project & Mechanical BOP scope
- Technical Offer preparation for complete Proposal, including preparation of deviations & clarifications on Customer's Tender Specification
- Supporting Industrial Steam Turbine Projects: for local & export market keeping the customer at core
Objective & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Technical proposal including - detailed scope chart, P&IDs, TG building Layout, Piping routing layout, performance guarantee datasheets, etc
- Sizing, selection & cost estimation of Mechanical Auxiliaries, Piping & related Systems of Steam Turbine Power Plants including extended scope items
- Providing Technical Clarifications & Options to Customer / Consultants
- Arranging sub supplier's techno-commercial offers for Mechanical BOP & their evaluation
- Coordination with stakeholders like sales, procurement, engineering, project management, site management, quality management & global network - for respective cost inputs for proposed scope & services
- Technical closure of Proposal with Customer / Technical Consultant
- Evaluation of technical risks and preparation of mitigation plan taking support from cross function team
- Preparation of Technical LOA & support Sales Team for project handover process
- Handing over of won Projects to execution team through internal kick-off meeting
- Support Engineering, Project Management & Procurement team for any Clarification during project execution stage
- Detailed knowledge about P&IDs, Layout Engineering, Mechanical BOP items & Piping of Steam Turbines Power plant is must
- Technical knowhow of mechanical BOP e.g. Lube Oil System, Condensate Extraction Pump, Ejector, Gland Steam Condenser, Gear Box, Coupling, valves, Boiler Feedwater Pump, Noise Hood, etc.
- Must be technically sound to face Local & Global Customers / technical consultants directly
- Able to adapt with frequently changing priorities & perform under time pressure
- Previous experience in Proposal Engineering OR Detail Engineering role for Mechanical items of Steam Turbines Power plant is preferred
- Customer facing experience will be a plus
- Good at written & verbal communication
- Agile, Team Player, Quick Learner, Collaborator, Result oriented & Proactive
- Having growth mindset
- Experience in handling API projects will be an added advantage
Qualification & Experience:
- Educational Qualification: B.E. / B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- 10-15 years of experience in power projects
- Experience in - Proposal Engineering / Detail Engineering / BOP Procurement will be preferred
- Experience in power projects will be preferred
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara, where you'll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time