We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
Scope of the Internship:
In the Sales Development Program Internship, you will play an integral part in supporting the Grid Software sales and marketing team by selling Siemens’ Grid Edge products, solutions, and services to a pool of different clients that can include utilities, universities, heavy industry, hospitals, and more in both public and private sectors. This program is a direct feeder into the full-time Marketing and Sales Program. (Full-time program starts in the summer of 2023).
What’s in it for you?
This internship will not only allow you to work with highly experienced experts but being exposed to a vast network of customers in different ranks within the energy industry. Experts who have developed the software, products, and services that operate the electrical market in the USA. If you have an interest in making a lasting impact on improving the global environment, this internship is definitely a place for you!
Here is the part you can play:
- Front Line sales by supporting teams across multiple Digital Grid product lines to respond to key account requests for complex system solutions. Strong customer focus.
- Structure deals and communicate with other Siemens BU’s front-end sales and Technical Sales resources including Digital Grid Business Units to open sales channels, increase sales, and break into under-penetrated accounts.
- As part of the strategic plan, participate in its development including sales initiatives per products in the portfolio and actively report progress on a biweekly basis.
- Support initiatives focused on the growth of emergent solutions both internal to Siemens and external to customer organizations – Including but not limited to Saas, Digital Twin, Grid Edge Software, Cloud, Network Model Management solutions and services, etc.
- Develop plans on key accounts targeting top volume and growth, this requires leadership in cross-functional teams (multi-portfolio, financial, legal, PM, risk etc).
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to proficiently demonstrate complex software solutions to clients by leading the engineer and demo teams.
- Work with proposal managers and the extended proposal team to develop customer-specific proposals and lead the risk review (assessment/contingency) process (LoA) to Siemens management.
Internship Start Date: Summer 2023
Locations are nationwide (remote), but preferably Central or Eastern time zone.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Education: Current junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited technical school, college or university
- Majors: Business, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Systems Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Electrical Engineering. Other technical degrees will be considered.
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.