Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Our Culture:At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Sr. Security Technicians perform commissioning on security systems, including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary. These systems include video, security alarm devices, CCTV, and access control. As a Sr. Security Tech, you will communicate design details to customers, installation/service teams, and subcontractors. You will also interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customers’ expectations. Because this is a highly skilled role, this position acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to less-experienced technicians.
Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance:
- Run routine reports to review system operation
- Participate in final inspection and testing
- Support customer acceptance
- Assist with customer training on system operations
- Complete and submit routine written reports
- Provide plans and security system documents to engineering for as-built drawings
- Identify code and non-conformance issues and make recommendations for system installation
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: May support others in the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
- Experience installing and maintaining commercial security systems; 10+ years preferred
- network components
- workstation and server operating system management
- IP addressing and subnetting
- switch, router, and firewall principles
- IP video network transmission and factors that impact video rates and quality
- Experience with CCURE or Genetec
- Must have a MA Class D Electrical License
- Ability to communicate clear objectives to Site Supervisor, GC, and/or customer
- Ability to properly markup as-builts upon job completion
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Ability to train/mentor new or existing employees while on the job
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to run an installation team and manage sub-contractors
- Must be able to work independently on projects
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
This position may support a Siemens customer who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
low voltage, security systems, software house, ccure, c-cure, access management, ip camera, cctv, surveillance, security alarm, nvr, genetec, access control, video systems, exacqvision, edvrclient, omnicast, synergis, hd camera, video management, ip video, access camera, dsc, siveillance, verint, powerseries, powerg, intrusion, network video, xprotect, vms, securos, Electrical wiring, avigilon, genetec security center, onssi, lenel onguard, bosch
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.