Siemens Smart Infrastructure, Building Products is looking for a Product Manager for Room Automation Controls to join their team at the Buffalo Grove, IL location.
Whatever the size of the building, its purpose or application: Our comprehensive building automation and control systems portfolio allows us to perfectly tailor an automation and control solution to each project ‘s individual needs. Openness and flexibility are the bottom line for all our systems. As a result, open communication protocols enable their easy integration with other systems and the option to modernize later. Combining electrical and HVAC systems in a comprehensive, multi-discipline approach and designing for reliability – this is how perfect places become a reality. Allowing us to reduce energy consumption and improve occupant comfort.
The role is multifaceted with a focus on simple and open IoT solution that allows you to control and monitor small to medium sized building (60%) and product management of HVAC Room Controls (40%). You will be equipping Siemens branches and partners with the right products, technical know-how and tools/processes to drive sale to close.
The individual in this role will be responsible for managing products, developing designs, specifying and engineering/programming an open IoT solution for retrofit and new construction of commercial buildings. In addition, local and global product management responsibilities for our HVAC Room Automation Control is required.
Product Management and Sales Enablement
· Pre-sales support for our IoT open solution: Add value to sales and operations teams by providing targeted, channel-specific value propositions and technical expertise enabling them to meet growth and revenue targets
· Help manage the Room Automation portfolio: Assist with DXR room controllers which includes lighting and shade controls
· Collaborate and lead with global Product Management / R&D partners to develop business plans and new product introduction strategies
· Manage the product lifecycle from definition through development, rollout, maintenance, and phase out
· Represent the voice of the customer within the organization; understand the user experience, needs and workflows of our customers
· Collaborate cross-functionally through offered trainings, guides and tool kits for emerging controller product range
· Drive business impact by creating and maintaining forecast, pricing and positioning of the portfolio
All qualified candidates MUST have 3 plus years of the following experience:
1. Experience in the HVAC Industry
2. Strong understanding of the customer and market with the ability to create user stories
3. Strong technical knowledge on building automation and controls
4. Experience with sensors, software, and other technologies for the purpose of connecting and exchanging data with other devices and systems over the internet.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Leadership and the ability to take initiative
7. Natural curiosity and constant learning to develop the right solution
8. Bachelor’s degree in engineering
** Qualified external applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require support or sponsorship now or in the future.
Competitive salary based on qualifications
Health, dental, and vision plans with options
Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
Extensive product training and professional career development
We want you to enjoy being a part of our Siemens family, so here is a little about our company’s culture.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That is why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.