Overview of Siemens
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Siemens, through the acquisition of Mentor Graphics, is a world leader in software solutions for electrical / electronics (E/E) systems development. We provide software tools, consulting services and support for electrical systems, networks, wiring harnesses and AUTOSAR embedded software, covering initial platform architecture definition through to in-service maintenance. Siemens’ client base includes OEM‘s, Tier 1 suppliers, wire harness manufacturers, both small and large, and specialist vehicle manufacturers. The Capital software suite enables the design, analysis, manufacture, and service of electrical connectivity and communication systems for Automotive, Aerospace and complex Machinery. With best-in-class integrations with major MCAD and PLM tools (e.g. Siemens NX and Teamcenter), Capital supports true cross-functional E/E systems development, whilst eliminating many hours of traditional manual processes and prototyping to deliver working products to market faster.
In this position, you will execute product roadmaps by developing exciting features that solve real-world industry problems. You will define solutions, develop requirements, and work in an agile fashion with product development to ensure your solutions are meeting our customers’ needs. You will have significant input in defining the roadmap and vision for the products you own and be a critical part of regular planning. You will be responsible for the following products: Capital Systems Integrator & Capital Configurator Optimizer.
- Work as a Product Architect of Capital Systems Integrator
- Work closely with the Product Management, Market, and Industry teams for planning and roadmap grooming.
- Define, validate, and prioritize marketing requirements for Platform Generative tools and related technologies.
- Work with the development organization to describe the context, value, and intent of the requirements and throughout the implementation ensure that the software meets the intent.
- Support the development of materials to enable the sales force to present and demonstrate new features and to communicate the value and utility of these features.
- As needed, create and deliver product training to internal staff and customers. Create e-learning materials. Ensure that user documentation is effective.
- Communicate the vision for the product line and act as an evangelist both internally and externally.
- Provide product support to the Siemens sales channel, working directly at customers' sites in pre-and post-sales situations. This duty may involve some level of international travel.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or similar
- Must have in-depth experience with using schematics tools for electrical System & Platform design; Capital experience is preferred.
- Must be strong at uncovering root cause problems then solving those problems
- Highly credible with customers & and able to develop strong customer relationships
- Be able to occasionally travel nationally and internationally
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Speak fluent English; other languages and international experience is a distinct advantage
- A natural team player, inspiring the domain and caring about overall IES success
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience of Siemens Capital Platform tools
- Experience of requirements gathering and creation of product plans
- Experience with User Experience design
- Experience of working in distributed teams that span continents and with mixed cultures. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated an ability to build strong working relationships in such an environment.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: SIEMENS EDA (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time