Become part of our "Train Control" teams!
Here, we breathe life into our vehicles by designing control functions in both SW and HW. We strive to ensure that the rolling stock we develop achieves a high level of safety and reliability. We are interested in every operational aspect so that the vehicles work perfectly as a whole. We are looking for solutions to achieve the lowest possible energy consumption by combining different approaches for energy management on the board of the train.
What awaits you and what particular areas will you be involved in?
You will take responsibility for the design of in-vehicle security system concepts. You will also be the guarantor of their correct implementation. 🚅🔐🛤
Your activities will include:
- Clarification of the electrical and mechanical interface with colleagues from czech and foreign branches
- Implementation of requirements and related communication with suppliers
- Support of the system validation in the laboratory and on-board/during the approval process
- Project time and cost planning and adherence to the plan
- Responsibility for individual milestones, including FAI
What you need to join our team:
- Technical higher education, specialisation in electrical engineering welcomed
- Knowledge of railway vehicle technology, ideally in the field of safety systems
- Experience in security system design
- English or German for everyday communication with our global teams
- Czech for daily communication
What you get by joining us, among other things:
- The possibility to co-design the most up-to-date vehicles for the whole world – our work is not created to be hidden away
- Open opportunities in expert and management career growth
- A joining bonus of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of paid leave
- Organize your working hours to suit you (you should always be at your desk between 10 am and 2 pm)
- The possibility to work from home for a better work-life balance (in the case of working from home, an allowance of 100 CZK/day)
- A company kindergarten near the workplace (in Prague and Ostrava)
- A personal annual budget of CZK 24,000 or 48,000 (depending on seniority), which can be used for various leisure activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What more can we offer you? Click here: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
If the topic of sustainable transport and modern transport-related solutions is close to your heart, then you're one of us! 🚆🌏😉
Siemens Mobility has been a leader in sustainable, reliable, and safe transport solutions for more than 160 years. We have a staff of over 700 employees in the Czech Republic. We are also home to the second largest rolling stock development centre globally (over 350 colleagues). We work on projects for the whole world, from defining requirements, to SW/HW and mechanics development, to addressing cross-cutting themes at a vehicle level.
We influence the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can ride our fully automated metro in Vienna, or take a high-speed train direct from London to Amsterdam, for example. You can also often meet Taurus, the world's fastest locomotive, on Czech railway lines.
Our current projects include the construction of a complete rail infrastructure and the delivery of long-distance and high-speed units for Egypt ("Suez on rails"). But we also deal with topics such as battery or hydrogen powertrains, autonomous driving, and related functional safety.
Is your CV not ready or do you need more information? 🙋♀️🙋♂️ Contact me at 📧 firstname.lastname@example.org or here: www.linkedin.com/in/janaholasova, where I share more about current company activities and our projects. I will be happy to add you to my contacts for potential future cooperation! 😉
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time