Senior Contract Manager – Commercial Law
We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality, and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
The position is in Siemens Limited India and is responsible for providing high quality and responsive legal support and guidance to the Mobility business of the Company. The position will report to the Lead Lawyer Mobility, India.
The position requires high level of business orientation with focus on problem solving and supporting major projects, while upholding strong ethics and integrity across the organization
Come, Change the future with us!
In your primary role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analysis and commenting on tenders, contracts, and contract-related documents to identify and inform business about contractual risks, opportunities and mitigation measures.
- Ensure compliance of internal guidelines and approval process related to bidding activities.
- Participating contract negotiations, formulating/implementing negotiation strategy, documenting negotiation results and preparing adjustments to contract documents.
- Collecting, preparing, managing relevant documents (incl. drafting of letters) and evidence in
- accordance with contractual deadlines and requirements.
- Provide clear contractual analysis and advice to the project team on matters concerning contractual obligations including but not limited to extension of time, change orders, liquidated damages, termination of contract, etc.
- Identifying, evaluating, contractual outgoing and/or incoming claims and support the project team to enforce/defend claims (including preparation of and participation in negotiations).
- Develop and implement claim strategies as well as maintain a systematic management of
- incoming and outgoing claims.
- Document all claim relevant events and contract deviations during execution in a structured
- way by using the applicable tools.
- Draft and negotiate Customer Contract, Vendor/ Supplier Contracts and from time-to-time contracts pertaining to Supply Chain Management.
- Responsible for litigation management and support on all legal proceedings like mediation, conciliation, arbitration, or court proceedings in a most cost-effective manner.
- You will also be required to participate in team activities and task forces to help Siemens Legal India and the Global Legal Team to develop processes or for any special projects.
- Promote contract management culture in company at various levels through training, workshops, etc.
- Ability to manage numerous matters simultaneously and competing priorities and to work within a matrix set up.
Additionally, your role would also from time to time include the following:
- Manage expectations of multiple business stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
- Training: You will be required to learn and share your learnings by way of trainings to the Legal team and business on various topics.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds with a winning attitude!
Desired Qualifications & Traits
- You have a law degree from a reputed law college in India or from a reputed international college with 10 to 15 years PQE.
- You have preferably worked within Contract/Contract Management or Legal function with a law firm or multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners.
- You have experience and advanced understanding of delay analysis, contract laws and arbitration laws.
- You have experience in litigation and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts and dispute resolution. Additionally, experience in regulatory and compliance issues would be an advantage.
- You will be our preferred candidate if you have advanced communication and legal writing skills (English), a problem-solving and solution-oriented approach and a dedicated attitude. You should be driven by integrity, ownership culture and reliability. You should be open to occasional to frequent travelling and like to have fun at work.
Make your mark in the cool & exciting world at Siemens!
This role is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra or Chennai, Tamil Nadu. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds making real what matters for the future, one day at a time in 190+ countries.
Last but not the least, we're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time