- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without current or future sponsorship
- Enrolled at an accredited university, pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Graduating no earlier than December 2023
- Able to commit to working 40 hours per week in summer 2023 and able to go into the Melville, NY office daily
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program.
- Application of fluid mechanics and heat transfer fundamentals to real-world industry applications
- Development and analysis of high fidelity CFD models using Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Preparation of technical reports
- Multitasking multiple technical tasks and/or projects
- Bachelor’s Degree program in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with engineering simulation software (CFD a plus)
- Proven problem-solving skills and experience
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer needs
- Excellent communication, organization and time management
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Experience with Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Java and/or C++ experience
- Familiarity with meshing complex geometries, turbulence modeling or simulation post-processing
- Experience with other commercial CFD or FEA software and best practices
- Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives, and constraints for industrial applications (automotive preferred)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.