Siemens Digital Industries Software (DI SW) is an innovative and fast-growing business, which launches many new products and acquires multiple new businesses each year. In such a rapidly changing environment, keeping the sales terms, templates and processes lean, simple and easy to understand is a challenging objective we keep close to our hearts.
As a key member of our Global Sales Terms and Integrations team, you will be working with many different stakeholders throughout our organization to achieve this goal. This will require close cross-functional collaboration and alignment with senior-level representatives of newly acquired businesses and members of other departments, who count on you to , advise on complex legal issues in easily understandable and digestible manner. You will support strategic projects related to launching, acquiring and onboarding new products and businesses, and will report on the status and completion thereof to global senior management.
• You work with our Corporate M&A teams to assess and mitigate risks related to acquisition transactions, which may include contributing to the negotiation of legal terms of M&A transactions.
• You lead the legal workstream for the integration of newly acquired companies with a view to create a uniform customer experience for the combined businesses and to mitigate legal risks by implementing Siemens’ standard policies and processes.
• You are in close contact with our business R&D teams to advise them on applicable legislation and to follow up on the legal requirements that their strategic supplier contracts put on us.
• You ensure that proper licensing and sales terms are available for transacting with our customers, which aside from drafting contract templates also includes reviewing and advising on product-to-contract configuration in all our quoting systems.
• You enable the global sales team and field attorneys to be successful with the terms that Central Legal provides. You create and roll out online training materials and conduct training sessions.
• You draft or assist in drafting new business policies and procedures or update and improve existing ones.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• You embrace technology and digitization with a growth mindset that is driven to finding scalable solutions and harmonized approaches to support new business models.
• You are sensitive to legislative differences across the globe and are effective in working with a global perspective in a geographically dispersed business.
• You have excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong collaboration mindset that supports teamwork in a culturally diverse environment. You can be persuasive in a tactful way to convey difficult messages to your business partners.
• You are happy participating in or leading global projects and initiatives.
• You are an attorney at law admitted to practice in the US with excellent academic qualifications.
• You gained at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in a law firm and/or in-house, preferably in software or cloud business.
In return we offer:
• A central position in the company’s organization, where you can play a pivotal role in the company’s growth and can directly witness the impact you’re making on the business.
• A highly flexible working environment, where you can enjoy a great range of autonomy to tackle your work challenges, but at the same time get support when you require it.
• Highly knowledgeable and driven co-workers, which provide fantastic learning opportunities and great team spirit.
The salary range for this position is $133,300 to $239,900 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.