Create a better tomorrow with us.
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer Signaling, to be hired with a permanent contract in Milan.
The scope of supported activity includes customer Projects and tendering activities, so you will be responsible to drive signaling design on assigned Projects and also have the opportunities to see your designs in action, through support of Test and commissioning activities when required.
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in the area of intermodal mobility, apps and backend systems.
Do you have the courage to think beyond the possible? Do you want to be empowered to build solutions that have an impact on daily life?
Siemens is your place to thrive. At Siemens, you will find the trust and freedom to excel. Let’s grow together, to improve how people live, work, make and move. Because creating a world that we are proud to hand to the next generation is more than a job – it’s the opportunity of a lifetime.
Talk to us about the growth journey you’d like to take, move to Siemens to learn and to build a better real and digital future.
The candidate will be responsible for:
· Ensuring the review of signaling Design requirements allocation and demonstrate the compliance of design documents by the traceability
· Ensuring the delivery of signaling Design (schemes, specification documents, test reports…) compliant to project requirements, budget and schedule and to industry standards, company guidelines and processes including its interfaces and integration with other parts of the system
· Ensuring the delivery of Design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control tables, block design, and analysis
· Supporting the gap identification between customer requirements and company products
· Supporting the identification of development and procurement needs based on customer requirements and identified gaps
· Ensuring the effective implementation of the lessons-learnt database where the detected design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and the related corrective actions are duly recorded
· Ensuring the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan
· Contributing to the configuration and HW/SW design of the Signaling system by control of the functional design, and produce or control the version control sheet if applicable
· Carrying out/ assist in system assurance and RAMS when required.
· Carrying out “Set to Work” simulation tests and assist in Principle Testing in an office environment. To assist in site activities related to testing and commissioning when required.
· Assist in tender preparation and project planning, by the way of estimating, scope preparation and testing plan preparation.
What you need to bring with you
· Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering or Information Technology Degree or equivalent technical background
· English proficiency
· Consistent professional experience in Signaling functional design
· Must have in-depth knowledge of Italian Railways signaling principles, signaling equipment, signaling control systems
· Knowledge of CBTC system Trackside and Onboard systems is strongly preferred
· Experience of delivering metro systems and obtaining system validation and acceptance in a live project environment, preferably for Italian Operators
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with team members located in different offices including excellent standard of English for written communications
· Ability to communicate complex technical information to people without detailed knowledge of railway signaling systems
· Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize duties
- · Eligibility to work in Italy
What can we further offer?
- An inclusive and flexible way of working, with caring for everyone's personal well-being;
- Flexible Welfare programs and health insurance can be extended to your family;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the ambitious spirits are recognized;
- Opportunities for continuous/individual learning journeys so that you never stop growing and keep on learning;
- Value driven culture: trustful, respectful, open, honest, empowering;
- Competitive package with regional specific benefits;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Free on-site lunch options;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
- Cutting-edge tools for remote working and your personal growth.
Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time