We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software is leading the way in this energy transformation with a comprehensive portfolio that addresses key challenges surrounding resiliency, reliability, affordability, and security requirements for our customers.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
This position is part of our Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) team. PTI is a world leader in power system analysis and provides advanced technical consulting services, world-standard analytical software programs, and professional education in power systems engineering.
We are seeking a Power Systems Consultant to join our Power System Consulting team and contribute to the planning and integration of renewables, storage, and FACTS to the electrical grid.
This is a remote, US home-office based position.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
You will work on exciting projects simulating and analyzing power system steady state, short circuit, and dynamic behavior. Typical projects include transmission planning studies and integration of renewable generation, battery energy storage, and FACTS.
- Perform power system studies including transmission planning, integration of renewable generation, battery energy storage, and FACTS
- Prepare reports describing study methodology, results, conclusions, and recommendations for review by senior staff
- Participate in business and proposal development including project plans, budgets, and timelines
- Participate in internal and external training
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Master's degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Power and Energy Systems
- We will consider candidates with 1-3 years of relevant experience including engineering internships
- Knowledge of power systems analysis and modeling techniques with experience analyzing power flow and transient stability
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Programming experience is preferred
- Familiarity with PSS®E, PSLF, PowerWorld, or TSAT is a plus
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.