Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as an Engineering Intern with the Customer/Field Service Team.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Engineering Intern you will be responsible for:
· In your activities you will be mentor to demonstrate excellent customer service support, in addition to and maintain good customer relations by exhibiting a high degree of professionalism
· You will accompany and support customers service engineers during installations, service, and p modifications to diagnostic imaging equipment.
· Under supervision, evaluate basic customer imaging equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate Siemen’s policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
· Learn and ensure proper care of tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment.
· You will learn to document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Understand approved parts inventory, and required compliance with Siemen’s policies, as instructed.
· This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Previous training interpreting schematic diagrams and a understanding in planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
- Understanding of diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment, also knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Willingness to travel and flexibility, including short-term international deployment, is expected
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Current student or recent graduate of no more than 6 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
- Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging, electronic equipment and/ or basic biomedical equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to work in their assign area during the school year and summer.
- Preferred 3.0 GPA
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (minimum rising junior preferred)
Start Date: Flexible
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. (use your country EEO required language where applicable)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.