Hardware Support Engineer
- Bachelors in electronic or software engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of prior experience in the troubleshooting and repair of complex electronics hardware
- 2+ years of experience with Linux OS as well as Microsoft Windows
- Experience with high speed serial data technology and systems
- Skilled in technical communication, analytical problem solving skill, working in team environments
- Must have the ability to follow technical directions, both in writing and verbally
- Experience in the handling of electronics parts (proper grounding procedures, etc.)
- Experience working directly with customers
- Knowledge of server and network technology is highly desired
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and have the flexibility to travel on very short notice regularly
- Ability to work in remote customer locations while communicating with multi-disciplinary teams
- Qualified candidates should be located in the Bay Area - US Only!
- Physical strength - the ability to move 70 pounds. Additionally this is a hands-on hardware support job requiring one to be on your feet for long hours in a lab/datacenter environment (concrete or other hard floor). Must be able to reach and work in sometimes awkward positions when attaching cables and boards.
The Hardware Support Engineer is part of the Technical Operations Hardware team which leads the Hardware Support Process to achieve operational excellence in the Siemens EDA emulation product line installed base.
The Hardware Support Engineer supports emulation products from installation to service retirement. The Hardware Support Engineer will actively engage within the customer base to both install, as well as diagnose and repair hardware while providing related support services.
A major objective is to constantly fulfill our customer's requirements by maintaining system uptime as critical importance. In accordance, quickly resolving hardware issues and improving system reliability through the usage off all resources available. The Hardware Support Engineer will work jointly with the Operations, Quality, Research and Development, Sales and Application Engineering teams in a global environment. The leading-edge technology of our products requires a broad spectrum of electrical test and software engineering skills.
The overall responsibility of the Hardware Support Engineer is to ensure the technical functionality of any product throughout its life. This includes managing the material dispositions of faulty hardware, maintaining inventory levels of spare components, update systems to ensure accurate and timely data, and communicate with other teams within Siemens EDA. Provide Operations support in work the collection of reports and data to help maintain a global monitoring system.
The salary range for this position is $99,600 to $159,000 USD and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.