- Experienced R&D position responsible for routine aspects of mechanical design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of Maxum process Gas Chromatographs (GCs). Work with a cross functional team, reporting directly to the R&D Hardware manager.
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who can work with a high level of independence without day-to-day direction while staying closely connected with a local/remote/international team. Individual must be able to communicate effectively via e-mail, phone and remote meeting platforms (MS Teams).
Designs complex components and releases them to production. Will support manufacturing and interface with quality, marketing, electrical engineers, and analytical chemists to define the most cost-effective high-performing solutions for product design challenges. Helps set new directions for the GC product.
- Hazardous area design (Ex, purging, Intrinsic Safety) are in all aspects of the design.
- Opportunity to innovate GC detectors, valves and other intellectual property.
- Complex sheet metal design and packaging
- Design of precision machined assemblies using GD&T
- Electronic PCBA & cabling integration
- Thermal and mechanical stress modelling/simulation & Finite Element Analysis
- 3D Modeling/printing and hands-on prototype development
This is a role which will allow for flex work with periodic travel
Candidate will support the Houston, TX manufacturing location. However, the individual will work closely with the R&D Team members in the Bartlesville, OK location. Will also work with international teams located in Germany, Eastern Europe and other locations. Periodic travel to domestic/international locations will be needed for team events, team collaboration and training. (20%)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSMET) from an ABET Certified program
- 4+ years’ experience in mechanical design.
- Hands on experience Electronic PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) measurement sensor packaging/integration
- Significant R&D experience with a standalone electronic/physical/mechanical electronic sensor-based measurement/processing product in any industry (cannot be a strictly mechanical system).
- Proficient with 3D CAD, able to create and maintain complex models, drawing packages, and simulation with Siemens (Unigraphics) NX. Candidate will be required to demonstrate this expertise
- This is a role which will allow for flex work with periodic travel
- Candidate will support the Houston, TX manufacturing location. However, the individual will work closely with the R&D Team members in the Bartlesville, OK location. Will also work with international teams located in Germany, Eastern Europe and other locations. Periodic travel to domestic/international locations will be needed for team events, team collaboration and training. (20%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with a Process Gas Chromatography product
- Hazardous area product design
- 2+ years in managing a project or sub-project
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing position
- 2+ years’ experience with Siemens PLM software TeamCenter®
- German language skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.