Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments - and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under general direction, provides technical product support for Building Automation Systems which meets customer requirements and needs in a timely manner. This role requires exceptional analytical, customer focus, and collaboration with the support team to triage and handle customer issues.
- Manages technical needs in Building Automation Systems and components installed by Siemens branch offices, Independent Field Offices and Dealers.
- Logs, tracks, troubleshoots, and resolves low to medium difficulty technical questions via telephone.
- Updates and maintains integrity of company knowledge database for common issues and their resolutions.
- Keeps knowledge current with new and existing company products, and troubleshooting systems and components installed by Siemens field offices, IFOs, and dealers.
- Completes all necessary internal training programs.
- Writes news articles for company monthly publications to field organization, and service bulletins for common problem/resolution.
- Provides after hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late, and on-call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
- May perform on-site travel, with higher-level engineers to troubleshoot issues with systems and components.
- Under the direction of a higher-level engineer, tests software and hardware patches and solutions provided from product development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hardware or Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related experience.
- 1 - 3 years Field Support Engineering experience or other related experience.
- This job is ideally suited for a recent graduate who has great technical skills, interacts well with others, and has effective communication skills.
- Must be able to provide after-hours coverage (24/7) including working early, late and on call outside of normal business hours on a round robin schedule.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills and exceptional customer service skills necessary.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking is a plus.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.