Electrical Installer – Smart Buildings – Level II
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position assists with equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs, and overhauls of a variety of systems, including building automation/HVAC, fire alarm, and security systems. Activities include installation and check-out of electric and electronic components, conduit, wire, and cable while keeping records and documentation. This position will also provide on-site product and service training to the customer.
- Perform installation and check-out of electric and electronic components for systems associated with automatic building control, fire management, security CCTV, audio, and energy management.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine inspections
- Install conduit, wire, cable, and devices including panels, sensors and components.
- Perform wiring check-out and assist with system start-up. Perform tasks related to panel fabrication. Disconnect and dismantle electric/electronic instruments, panels, sensor, etc.
- Troubleshoot wiring issues.
- Coordinate with staff about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
- Provide input on and assist with the preparation of as-built drawings.
- May be required to lay out system wiring, conduit, device location, etc. to ensure a complete and efficient installation.
- May be required to assist with electrical installation estimates with other Siemens team members.
- Provide instructions to customers regarding proper operation of products and services.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of electrical codes, requirements, and efficient installation methods and practices
- Experience installing low voltage controls systems; 3+ years preferred
- Experience installing conduit and running pipe
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.