The desired candidate for this position will have the opportunity to work closely with a few of the most exciting and growing businesses in Smart Infrastructure in the US (eMobility, Electrification and Automation, and Grid Software). As a partner to the Business, you will focus on driving IT initiatives that support our Business Units (BUs) organizational goals and growth targets. The IT Business Unit Partner will become familiar with the challenges and priorities of the assigned business units and will be able to provide guidance and support in different functional areas of the business
Looking for a new challenge where you can leave your mark? Then this is the opportunity for you.
Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds across energy systems, buildings and industries, enhancing the way people live and work and significantly improving efficiency and sustainability. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that both intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers achieve their business goals. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Smart Infrastructure IT is enabling digitalization in the business units by providing modern cloud applications, advanced analytics and AI, and supporting IT services. Our IT team works in 21 countries across the world and live an agile mindset. We are known for our passion for innovation, customer-centric solutions and a can-do attitude.
The candidate and scope of the role:
We are looking for a talented candidate with the ability to navigate and understand a diverse set of challenges faced by each BU. You will partner with our business units on a wide variety of IT related topics including, but not limited to: A. Global/regional platform implementation B. Application improvements C. IT infrastructure D. Cybersecurity compliance E. IT cost improvements and effective use of IT resources/tools. You will have the opportunity to apply your existing skills but also learn about the business processes with each BU and find ways to enable innovation and process improvement through technology. The position offers the opportunity to drive strategies and provide guidance/support to the business by utilizing agile methodologies and digital innovations. The IT Partner works directly with the SI IT Business Unit Leader and diverse business unit functions on innovation initiatives and process improvements via technology.
What you will be doing:
• Proactively engage with BU stakeholders on opportunities and challenges facing the business.
• Plan, drive and manage demands and projects from beginning to end; engage with BU stakeholders, drive scoping sessions, document requirements/key decisions, navigate a large network of providers, and support the overall execution of these demands.
• Facilitate meetings with both internal and external IT provider organizations to ensure quality and timely delivery and support.
• Build an understanding of the Siemens MMSA contract to help our businesses navigate our vendor / contract landscape.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule to coordinate support during non-standard hours.
• Keep BU management and employees informed on IT strategies, key priorities, initiatives, and projects.
• Engage, align, and share best practices with our global SI IT counterparts.
• Ensure alignment of portfolio with business priorities and IT strategy.
• Support the business requests for information whether it is for policy information, usage data, adoption data or project requests for business data.
• Track and monitor IT Service consumption to help drive usage reductions across the SI business units.
What you will bring:
• Bachelor’s degree with a background in a technical role (IT, Process Improvement, Engineering or similar)
• 2- 5 years experience implementing business process improvements or IT related software, hardware or systems improvements in finance/analytics, Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, and/or manufacturing, experience in IT partnership and IT service delivery roles.
• Demonstrates proactive personality and the nature to drive results through problem solving skills.
• Eagerness to learn and an appetite for problem solving.
• Strong interpersonal skills in developing and managing relationships across many teams and organizations.
• Attention to detail and follow-through that builds trust and respect amongst your stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including executives.
• Hybrid working model; must be able to be onsite at our Wendell, NC BU Headquarters Site and Manufacturing Plant, east of Raleigh at least 2-3 days per week and as needed for stakeholder meetings, IT meetings, etc.
• Fluency in English is key – additional languages are a plus.
Key ingredients for success…
• Thrives in leading and driving activities.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new demands and changing priorities.
• Ability to absorb feedback, ideas, and critiques and turn that into valuable input for change.
• An iterative approach to problem solving and willingness to try new things (which includes failing sometimes!).
Not required but will set you ahead of the pack:
• Experience with Sales Force, SAP, IT Infrastructure, Agile development teams.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.