If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 38,200 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
What do you contribute?
The "Control, Communication and Information" department is responsible for the creation of software for the vehicle control of locomotives. For the development of vehicle control components for the energy supply as well as auxiliary operation control of electric and diesel-electric locomotives, we are looking for reinforcement as soon as possible.
- In your new role, you will be responsible for the functional and technical integration of components that can provide energy for locomotives in addition to the main energy supply (e.g. supply of the drives of an electric locomotive by auxiliary diesel or by battery).
- You will analyze software and system technologies for locomotive vehicle control and the overall system. You then translate customer and market requirements into vehicle functions.
- You will also define interfaces between hardware and software and coordinate them with our in-house specialists from other departments and our suppliers.
- You drive the innovation of our products through the use of new components and architectures.
- In addition, you continuously expand your system knowledge and take on increasingly complex control tasks.
What do you bring along?
- You have completed a technical bachelor's degree (e.g. electrical engineering, mechatronics).
- Furthermore, you have already gained several years of professional experience in the field of energy supply/conversion (software and circuit technology).
- Programming PLC controls is nothing new for you. Ideally, you have acquired this experience in the railroad industry.
- Experience in the field of development, assembly or maintenance of control systems on rail vehicles as well as their approval is advantageous.
- You enjoy penetrating complex problems and implementing them in suitable architectures and software structures.
- You have proficient skills in English and your German language skills are B2 or better. In addition, you are willing to travel worldwide (approx. 10 %) to our suppliers, customers and other Siemens Mobility locations.
What do we offer you?
Inclusion & Diversity
At Siemens Mobility, we're committed to fighting injustice and inequality. At our company, you will find an environment where you can be yourself and belong.
We are pioneers in mobility. At Siemens Mobility, you will actively contribute to the transformation of transportation and climate protection in a market of the future, because our transportation solutions reduce CO2 emissions all over the world.
Mobile working /Remote working
With us, you will have the opportunity to work hybrid. This means that you can work remotely to a considerable extent. We have officially regulated this through a company agreement.
You can find an overview of our benefits here.
How do you get in touch with us?
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Philip Petendorf.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time