If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 38,200 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Are you interested in a technically challenging and promising job that will enable you to make a significant contribution to expanding the rail share of freight and passenger traffic? Then join us and develop the globally successful rail vehicles from Siemens Mobility in our engineering team.
- On the driver's cab displays of our modern locomotives, the driver sees the most important technical data of the locomotive in real time - as a senior engineer (f/m/d) for the display, you will ensure a flawless and clear presentation.
- You will develop complex functions for operating our locomotives on your own responsibility and thus actively shape the market success of our product platforms with a focus on Europe. In doing so, you will analyze the requirements, create concepts and thus ensure implementation in the software that conforms to the requirements.
- To do this, you will structure the requirements and the respective tasks into work packages and take care of planning and ensuring processing with your colleagues (f/m/d).
- You always focus on the reusability of your work results in terms of a product and platform strategy.
- You accompany our HMI solutions regarding verification, based on the associated approval and integration regulations.
- You will continuously develop yourself in this position. You will have the opportunity to take on a variety of development roles, ranging from technical expert roles in engineering and technical project coordination to disciplinary management positions.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have completed a technical degree (at least Bachelor), e.g. in electrical engineering, computer science, or mechatronics.
- You have several years of experience in visualization and/or the integration of complex systems in control and display systems, which you bring with you from your work in the development, operation or maintenance of rail vehicles.
- You are familiar with the functional spectrum of rail transport, at best know the associated approval and integration regulations from your professional practice and have already gone through the engineering process to be aligned with this with a high level of personal responsibility.
- You are well-versed, open and competent in dealing with various interfaces in engineering and with our interface partners. Your business demeanor towards suppliers, customers and authorities is practiced, you enjoy dealing with business partners and reaching your goal in a professional manner.
- You enjoy an interface function with a high need for communication and coordination and at the same time have a strong willingness to shape the technical solution finding to changing market requirements.
- You have a good command of the English language.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Philip Petendorf.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time