If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 38,200 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
What do you contribute?
- On the driver's cab displays of our modern locomotives, the driver sees the most important technical data of the locomotive in real time - as a software developer (f/m/d) for the display, you ensure a flawless and clear presentation.
- To do this, you will collect and structure requirements, create solution concepts in collaboration with other engineering units, and develop software architectures for the driver's cab display.
- The result of your work is high-quality display software whose interfaces to the vehicle control system or vehicle control technology function smoothly.
- You implement new software and tools for embedded systems based on Linux and Windows including documentation.
- In addition, you will perform software integration and tests and convince yourself of the result of your work by ensuring the functionality on the vehicle.
- Based on this task, you can develop further as a subject matter expert (f/m/d) in an exciting technical environment, depending on your interest and suitability.
What do you bring along?
- You have successfully completed your studies (Bachelor) in computer science or electrical engineering with a good degree.
- You have first practical experience in structured and systematic software development in Python. Experience in Gui/3D toolkit, e.g. with Qt, GTK, SDL2 or PyGame would be ideal.
- Experience with Linux, working in the command line (shell) is desirable.
- Ideally, you have experience in the lane-guided traffic environment and/or experience with imaging systems.
- You have basic knowledge of requirement engineering, configuration and change request management.
- You have a very good command of English and your German language skills are good (B2).
What do we offer you?
Inclusion & Diversity
At Siemens Mobility, we're committed to fighting injustice and inequality. At our company, you will find an environment where you can be yourself and belong.
We are pioneers in mobility. At Siemens Mobility, you will actively contribute to the transformation of transportation and climate protection in a market of the future, because our transportation solutions reduce CO2 emissions all over the world.
Mobile working /Remote working
With us, you will have the opportunity to work hybrid. This means that you can work remotely to a considerable extent. We have officially regulated this through a company agreement.
You can find an overview of our benefits here.
How do you get in touch with us?
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Philip Petendorf.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Full / Part time: Either