Job Title / Role: Controlling Professional
Organization: Lead Country South Africa
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Reporting Manager: Country Business Finance Head
Siemens Smart Infrastructure combines the real and digital worlds across energy systems, buildings, and industries, enhancing the way people live and work and significantly improving efficiency and sustainability. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that both intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers achieve their business goals. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
The Controlling Professional supports the Finance Head of Smart Infrastructure (SI) and the Finance Heads of the SI Business Units in completing/performing budget planning, financial planning, actual-versus-plan-analysis, benchmarking, forecasting, and reporting activities, for the Smart Infrastructure Business for Lead Country South Africa.
Responsibilities of the Role
· Consolidates budgets, including top-down and bottom-up plans, and proceeds with revolving midterm plannings, and periodic forecasts during the year.
· Performs comparisons Actual vs. Plan and reports on the progress and impact of agreed business measures.
· Analyses and evaluates cost structures, and builds, maintains, and improves the applicable cost accounting systems.
· Provides regular business reports, with respect to overall performance, and recommends actions to accountable management.
· Carries out ad-hoc analyses and profitability calculations.
· Contributes to conceptual and project work related controlling.
· May perform regular evaluations of assets and liabilities, manages inventory measures for the business assigned.
· Assists in ensuring that Service Level Agreements with global Siemens providers are up to date and in place.
· Contributes towards process improvement initiatives to ensure smooth operations and to consistently deliver an optimised, compliant performance.
· Develops trust-based relationships with internal stakeholders and partners with country support functions such as Financing, Tax to ensure efficient risk management and internal control systems.
Qualifications and Experience
· Tertiary qualification in Finance or Business Administration
· At least 3 - 5 years of experience in commercial functions within a BU, e.g., controlling, project management, sales commercial
· Proficient SAP knowledge
· Exposure to a variety of business types (project / product / service) will be an advantage
Attributes and skills
· Experience and interest of how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
· Strong analytical skills including the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
· Strong communication skills, presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums, both orally and in writing, including sound presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work in an intercultural environment.
· Must be organized and focused, driven by deadlines, proactive (self-starter) and able to work under pressure
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
The company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets under the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with the POPI Act, GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Large Drives (Pty) Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time