Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
This position leads a team responsible for the contracting, operational performance management, and continuous improvement activities for all operational centers' estimating services.
- Analyze and manage requests for construction bids, and tenders related to building controls and automation projects in support of the building controls and automation sales organization.
- Prepare estimates based on Solution Developer opportunity information.
- Provide and prepare sales estimates for Solutions and Service Automation projects.
- Participate and ensure target profitability and division objectives.
- Visit job sites and meet customers to validate and optimize estimates and designs
- Keep current on market business and product trends.
- Collaborate with various internal/external departments such as operations, service, procurement, finance, legal, admins and other inside/outside resources (sub-contractor, suppliers) as needed to obtain and complete tasks.
- Participate in sales meetings, professional association seminars, workshops and trainings.
- Prepare subcontractor and supplier scope for estimates and RFQ submissions.
- Review estimates with operations, sales and management when needed.
The position is hybrid. You will need to be able to travel in ou Montréal office for training and meeting purposes and you will also be able to work from home. This is a great opportunity for work-life balance!
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field, College diploma in the mechanical engineering or other technical fields related to building automation. Candidates with a combination of education and directly related experience will also be considered; A High School Diploma (or GED Equivalency) is a minimum requirement.
- Good understanding of technical solutions and communication protocols associated with building control systems
- Proven knowledge of Commercial HVAC products
- Proven knowledge of controls systems and products
- Lighting estimating experience is preferred
- Proven track record to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of electrical infrastructure required for building automation systems. This understanding could come from working other related roles in the controls industry, fire alarm industry, or even from performing other estimator roles from other segments of the electrical or mechanical industry.
- Ability to learn technical and financial estimating tools
- Strong time management and leadership skills and self-motivation
- Strong French communication skills, both written and verbal, mandatory
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal as the role requires regular interactions with Siemens colleagues based outside of Quebec, nationally and in the US.
- Computer proficiency
- Available to travel on job site if required
- 5 to 7 years of industry related sales or estimating experience including experience managing
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and completing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within a virtual team
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.