Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Siemens Canada Limited, Peterborough is a leader in the development and manufacturing of Process Instrumentation for process automation.
As Financial Controller for Siemens Peterborough, located in Peterborough, ON, you will be responsible for all controlling activities relating to finance, accounting, manufacturing, marketing, product development, personnel, and operations for the Peterborough location within the business segment Measurement Intelligence. This role will have a direct impact on the financial performance and reporting function for the manufacturing operations.
What will you do?
- You provide an array of information and expert analysis required by the management team
- You collaborate directly with all members of the management team to dynamically run the factory
- You lead and develop a team of highly motivated financial analysts who are responsible for supporting the cross-functional teams
- You are an advisor for the manufacturing, logistics and operations teams, supporting them with focused evaluations on financial reporting, accounting, cost and trend analysis in order to improve business results
- You enhance the cross-functional and cross-organizational collaboration within the Peterborough and global organizations
- You drive productivity by improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business with related reporting responsibility
- You seek opportunities to implement digital reporting and analysis solutions in finance
- You manage the consolidation of the budget and forecasting cycles for the local manufacturing operations
- You ensure accurate product cost calculations and monitoring of variances
- You execute the month, quarter, and year-end financial activities with P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow responsibility
- You liaise with the Risk and Internal Control corporate department to review and improve the internal control system
- You work closely with the Supply Chain Management team to develop a balanced approach to inventory management
- You prepare and present business cases and capital budgeting calculations
- You assure transparent intercompany business by reviewing and preparing appropriate contractual agreements
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance;
- CPA designation or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in Business Administration or Financial Controlling/Accounting
- Experience in a financial management and leadership role
- Manufacturing controlling experience, including an in-depth understanding of Cost Accounting, Bill of Material setup, inventory controls, etc.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong accounting skills in IFRS and the Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines
- SAP knowledge or similar ERP system preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills
- Highly self-motivated individual who embraces a culture of innovation and collaboration
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to provide data in a concise and appropriate manner
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.