Want to fulfill the potential of Hydrogen?
Lead Engineer Mechanical Rectifiers for Green Hydrogen
Do you want to play a key role in the further development of hydrogen as a key energy resource? With us you can join a new company with a solid history and backing.
Siemens AG is our mothership, and we’ve been given the opportunity to explore the hydrogen industry by ourselves.
We’re going to leverage all our experience from heavy-duty rectifiers (HDR) used for electrolysis in traditional industries and apply that to the production of hydrogen. If you like technical development, the combination of new opportunities and solid backing and want to make a real impact, this is a chance you might want to take a closer look at.
As Lead Engineer you will make sure we can match our customers’ requirements and our technical solutions.
Your main responsibilities will be to dimensions parts or elements for a technical solution as to the requirements and related to a specific technical field.
- Checks the possibilities for technical realization regarding the requirements.
- Drafts the technical realization of the requirements within the technical discipline.
- Dimensions elements, components or software by calculation or by their specification according to the requirements and, if necessary, documents the required technical proofs.
- Acts as a specialized know-how owner for a technical discipline.
- May cooperate with specialists of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate technical interfaces.
- Be a technical lead for a project group of mechanical engineers
- Supervisor for mechanical engineering tools (2D&3D)
Travel activities in connection with customer activities will be expected.
To succeed in this role, the following background is ideal
- Bachelor or master’s degree within mechanical engineering
- Significant experience within mechanical engineering 2D&3D for projects towards the O&G or Industry process market.
- Fluency in English, and preferably Norwegian with German as a large bonus
To thrive in this role, the following traits are helpful
- The ability to switch between working independently and in teams
- Social skills and the ability to communicate and influence
- Structured and good at planning
- Staying up to date on the development of technology
- Being customer oriented and service minded
The most important things you get in this job are:
- The opportunity to help shape an emerging industry
- Extensive training in our systems and market leading technology
- A very competent, professional environment
- Great opportunities for career development, in Norway and abroad
- Office location in Oslo, with all the perks of working for a Norwegian company – with “inneklemt days” off (just ask us what it is), flexibility and work-life-balance
We use background checks as part of our recruitment process.
For more information, please contact Head of department Magne Meland, Tel. +47 920 20 627.
Application deadline: 12.02.23. Applications are processed as soon as they are received.
Siemens Large Drives Applications (SLD) Nordic/Baltic is a market-leading global product- system- and service supplier of rotating machinery and variable speed drives in the medium- and high voltage segments, test applications for all industries, and heavy-duty rectifiers (HDR) used for electrolysis. We deliver products, solutions and services for Oil & Gas, Marine, and land-based industry in the Nordic and Baltic countries. Within heavy duty rectifiers we have a global service responsibility, and our team is working with service, maintenance and retrofit of HDR plants globally.
SLD Nordic/Baltic is Center of Competence within Rectifiers for Green Hydrogen.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens AS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time