Siemens, a global technology leader in automation, digitalization, and electrification, is seeking a customer facing Product Sales Engineer to represent the circuit protection & controls (CP&C) product portfolio. As a Product Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for driving profitable revenue and market share growth for the CP&C portfolio in the Middle Tennessee, Western Tennessee, and Northern Mississippi markets. Ideally, the candidate will be based in the Greater Nashville or Greater Memphis area but can be based anywhere within the geographic region described above.
What you will do:
The qualified candidate will be technically knowledgeable with the ability to demonstrate, specify, and provide technical consulting for the circuit protection and controls portfolio to customers and distributors. This is a technical sales role with specific financial goals for driving revenue growth and new customer conversion in the assigned territory. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager for Circuit Protection & Controls.
• Lead sales pursuits for the CP&C portfolio within the assigned sales territory
• Manages sales process to close new business including negotiation and overcoming customer objections
• Develop a complete understanding of customer’s organizational structures and key buying influences
• Cultivate long-term relationships with distributor partners and the appropriate key customer decision makers
• Organize and lead customer meetings, execute formal sales presentations and proposals, and conduct technical product demonstrations
• Research and identify prospect accounts, analyze their customer fit, and develop door opening strategies to drive new revenue
• Develop a complete territory sales plan and pipeline that includes existing customers and opportunities, as well as newly created opportunities and conversions, to ensure annual booking and revenue quotas are met or exceeded
• Collaborate with colleagues in other Siemens businesses, including the Electrical Infrastructure, Industrial Infrastructure, and Digital Industries sales organizations, to identify and execute on cross-selling opportunities
• Implement a disciplined sales process that includes utilizing the Salesforce based SieSales CRM platform to manage customer activity and regularly update the opportunity pipeline
• Develop business process acumen and product expertise to support distributors and customers during sales pursuits
• Utilize analytical skills and expertise to provide market pricing to distributors and customers within the designated territory
• Coordinate and assist in technical product training seminars and workshops for customers
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a working knowledge of electrical power distribution is strongly desired, although directly related work experience will also be considered (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement)
• 5+ years of technical sales or business development experience
• Sales experience working across multiple channels including Distributors, Industrial Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), System Integrators, UL508A Panel Builders, Power Panel Builders, and/or Industrial End Users
• Experience in selling industrial products, preferably circuit protection (e.g., molded case circuit breakers, power circuit breakers, safety switches), industrial controls (contactors, motor starters, soft starters, pilot devices, relays, etc.), automation, and/or low voltage drives
• Self-driven and can work independently
• Strong work ethic and commitment to ensuring targets are met
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
• Collaboration skills within the sales team and across different organizations and hierarchies
• Proficient usage of the Microsoft Office 365 suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
• Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software tool, such as Salesforce
• Ability to travel 40% of the time
Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Who we are
There has never been a more urgent need to build resilient and sustainable infrastructure. With Smart Infrastructure, we are shaping an ecosystem that connects the real world with the digital world. Making decisions based on data and analytics empowers our customers to make their energy systems and processes in buildings and industries more efficient and sustainable. Together with our customers, we transform the everyday for a better tomorrow.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Competitive base salary with the ability to earn additional performance-based incentive compensation
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance, 9 paid holidays and flexible vacation
• Company vehicle for this position
• Paid parental leave
• Educational assistance
• Training and career development
• Nine active employee resource group that provide smaller communities to support our employee needs
• You’ll solve the world’s most significant problems – be part of exciting and innovative projects
• Opportunity to contribute to our social responsibility initiatives.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.