Siemens Process Automation, Automation Engineering (PA AE) is looking for a dynamic, high-energy individual who will be responsible for supporting technical implementation of our process automation sales and marketing programs throughout the US sales regions of Siemens Industry, Inc. As a Process Automation Technical Consultant, the responsibilities include the demonstration and presales technical support of our primary process automation systems, SIMAITC PCS neo and SIMATIC PCS 7. The Process Automation Technical Consultant will provide technical support of national business unit programs including tradeshows, conferences, channel training, and request for quotation activities. The Process Automation Technical Consultant must successfully interact with customers throughout the country, by demonstrating SIMAITC PCS neo and SIMATIC PCS 7 in the context of the customer's business.
Position Reports in to Process Automation’s Technical Consultant manager while working day-to-day with the Sales Region. Additional working relationships include interaction with Channel Partners and Marketing Teams.
- Opportunity Support: – support qualified business opportunities through technical consulting, product demonstrations and presentations working with Siemens Process Industries Account Managers
- Provide consulting support for targeted alliance customers throughout the country.
- Coaching/Training for internal and external resources on SIMATIC PCS neo and SIMATIC PCS 7
- Working with partners / system integrators to propagate SIMATIC PCS neo and SIMATIC PCS 7
- Supporting local and regional trade show opportunities
- Responding to pre-sale technical questions
- Assisting with the development of system proposals
- Gather and feedback product requirements and competitive information to marketing team
- Drive Knowledge Initiatives – Internal/External Customers
- Provide Paid Consultancy and Front-End Engineering Studies (FEED)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BA/BS in Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- 10 years of experience in the field of Process Automation
- Working knowledge with Distributed Control Systems and industrial automation technologies with a background in Process Industry practices
- 50% or more travel throughout the country; some travel outside of the country
- Good presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Ability to utilize demo equipment at target accounts.
- Ability to maintain customer focus by meeting and continuously exceeding customer expectations
- Teamwork and interpersonal savvy are critical for the position given the external and internal interfaces of the organization
- Focus and persistence to introduce Siemens Process Automation products, solutions, and technologies to target accounts with incumbent competitive products are key.
- Able to handle pressure well and to prioritize under stress.
- Strong communication skills (presentation, writing)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to work with SIMATIC PCS neo and SIMATIC PCS 7 and to act as the technical expert for the presales activities is desired.
- Any experience with major vendor systems for process automation, continuous and batch is helpful.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.