Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Our Culture:At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Sr. Systems Specialist performs complex installation, startup, and commissioning of building automation system equipment that has been newly installed. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities. In this role, you will complete verification of complex system database and programming operations, ensuring consistency with the scope of work and sequence of operations. You will also diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions, as well as serving as a subject matter expert.
- Startup and commission new HVAC DDC BACnet/IP control systems within estimate on new construction sites as well as existing retrofit sites, with the ability to perform with little guidance
- Document progress and status of startup and commissioning in the point checkout sheet including notes and update project manager as needed
- Update Submittals/red lines/as-builts as the project progresses
- Mentor newer specialists on projects
- Travel and work on projects outside the Rochester region as needed
- Maintain training status of 100% for a Solutions Senior Specialist
- Maintain safety training status of 100% for a Solutions Senior Specialist
- Complete pre-work safety log before work begins
- Assist sales as needed
- Accountable for project performance
- Perform customer training and project acceptance
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 3+ years preferred
- Experience in writing computer programs and software applications related to the HVAC industry
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, and ability to test and write modifications to system software in multiple languages
- Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low-voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols such as LON, BACNet, N2, Modbus, etc.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for employer-based sponsorship currently or in the future
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
This position may support a Siemens customer who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.