Position Title: Sales Application Engineer
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
The Digital and Complex Electrical Solutions business has an exciting new opportunity! If you have a successful track record of designing and Smart Automation and control solutions, we want to talk to you!
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting pre-sales design and development for our Sm@rtgear Automation solution business. Key to the success of this role will be an ability to coordinate the technical nature of complex solutions with both technical and non-technical individuals. The Sales Engineer will act as a bridge between pre-sales design engineering, sales, and post-sales project management, field engineering.
The primary portfolio the D&CES business is focused on low voltage Electrical Products digitally enabled energy monitoring devices, smart electrical infrastructure such as Sm@rtgear, and integrated solutions with commissioning / integration services. Technical knowledge and solution design ability will allow the person to manage our go to market strategy with our customers in collaboration with the sales teams as well as partner with business developers and project teams on strategic opportunities.
Key responsibility of this role will be to support pre-sales product inquiry, sales engineering, and project turnover for complex digital solutions. Our team will be driving bookings and solutions focused on the EP digitally enabled energy monitoring devices including Sm@rtgear, Energy and Power Management Systems, metering, and custom applications. Additional objectives of the position will be to work closely with construction and industrial sales teams, business development organizations, and other businesses within Siemens to promote the digitally enabled product offering both loose and embedded in power distribution equipment.
- Provide Sales and AE support for quoting Sm@rtgear and automation solutions
- Develop automation/network architecture.
- Provide design requirements and automation solutions and create templates for engineering support.
- Maintain Sm@rtgear/Automation design version upgrades.
- Post-sales support for automation upgrades.
- Basic knowledge of low and medium voltage power distribution equipment.
- Interpret complex electrical drawings and their nomenclature.
- Interpret complex electrical and digital solution specifications and their common nomenclature
- Basic knowledge of the Internet of Things, networking and protocols, and cloud computing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum of 5+ years of experience in design engineering or sales of automation, control, or monitoring/management systems.
- Automation Experience with TIA Portal with experience with transfer schemes.
- Broad familiarity with the goal of Siemens Smart Infrastructure in driving the value of intelligent buildings and automation.
- Electrical Infrastructure experience with panelboards, switchboards, switchgear, breakers, power meters, current transformers, Rogowski coils, relays, and critical power distribution equipment such as paralleling gear, generators, uninterruptible power supplies, and automatic transfer switches.
- Technical Experience in Software and Network Configuration Experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience developing or executing complex automation solutions
- Experience with TIA Portal and Automation Transfer Schemes
- Experience with Power Metering
- Experience with Protective and Control Relays
- Experience building local area networks with multiple protocols of communication
- Experience interpreting complex electrical drawings and specification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.