Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our team as an Electromechanical Engineer.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
- 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced by the type of technology we provide.
- More than 31 million Canadians benefit from Siemens Healthineers products every year.
- An average of 85,000 Canadians per day receive treatment or tests from a Siemens Healthineers device.
- Siemens Healthineers participates in 30 healthcare research collaborations in Canada and around the world.
The Electromechanical Enginner is based on site in Ottawa, ON. Siemens Healthineers Ottawa (SHS Ottawa) is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside.
Under the supervision of the Head of Engineering, the Electromechanical Engineer will be a technical lead in a group that is responsible for developing and deploying equipment upgrades and informatics in automation.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As the Electromechanical Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing new equipment implementations (new and existing designs)
- Managing equipment improvements (planning, procuring, installation, validation)
- Working with ensuring accurate data analytics (yield, uptime, Pareto, etc.)
- Developing ideas for improving yield, uptime and cost saving initiatives for production and equipment
- Managing equipment maintenance and repair costs
- Administering spare parts inventory system and costs
- Providing oversight of equipment technical documentation
As a successful Electromechanical Engineer you will have:
- An engineering degree or technology diploma with 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with external integrators in the design of new equipment/processes
- Supervisory and training experience and
- Strong knowledge of controls systems (PLC, HMI, SCADA) – Allen-Bradley and Siemens
- Ability to learn new systems and impart that knowledge to others through training and mentorship
- A broad mechanical and electronic knowledge in a medical manufacturing environment is an asset
- An ability to travel <10%
Siemens Healthineers is proud to be a Great Place to Work® certified company in Canada for 2020-2023, 2022 Best Workplaces™ in Manufacturing, 2022 Best Workplaces™ for Health Care and 2022 Best Workplaces™ for Hybrid Work.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity, Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date. “Fully vaccinated” means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company’s discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines. will only be granted for medical reasons or on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.