Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Expert in Steam Turbine Thermodynamics calculations and flowpath design optimization.
- Able to prepare the conceptual design based on fleet requirements w.r.t thermodynamics boundaries.
- Deep understanding of steam turbine thermodynamics design principles and excellent hold on analytical calculations.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in designing the most optimum and highest efficiency bladepath for the given thermal conditions.
- Should be able to read, interpret and create the heat-balance diagrams for the complete cycle.
- Able to apply logical thinking in interpreting the calculation results and proposing the most cost-effective and efficient design for the steam turbine fleet.
- Preferred candidates should be able to also lead the R&D projects with responsibilities beyond thermodynamics calculations i.e., proper planning, on-time execution of the overall activities and milestones including effective resource planning and utilization.
- Should be able to work together with the team to drive and monitor the product development activities in a structured manner.
- Having Rotordynamics calculation experience in addition would be an advantage.
- Utilize his/her domain expertise and knowledge to hands-on perform the calculation tasks (e.g. Thermodynamics, Rotordynamics) with complete ownership.
- Should be flexible to switch between the project lead and solo (turbine calculation) roles as per the business needs.
- Responsible for proper mentoring of the young colleagues.
- Should possess Strong collaborative working skills in order to work seamlessly with different stakeholders across departments and across geographical regions.
- Should have an innovative problem solving mindset and act as a solution finder.
- Should be creative enough to express and present the technical results and project status in global forums.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- M.Tech in Mechanical/Thermal Engineering from Top Universities like IIT/NIT Teri1 universities
- >10 years of relevant experience and expertise in the field of Thermodynamics, Rotordynamics calculations (preferably Steam Turbines).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time